Advanced Level Hybrid Wind Turbine Solar Energy Science Fair Projects Kit
1 - PicoTurbine Savonius v4 Educational Wind Turbine
1 - Deluxe Advanced Solar Kit
1 - Multimeter
20 - Biocolor LEDs
Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
Features & Specifications of Wind Turbine kit
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Easily built in less than one hour
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- Basic with 4 AC to DC Labs
- 4 pre-wound coils of enamel coated copper wire
- 4 ceramic rare earth magnets, grade-5 magnets
- 1 bicolor light emitting diode (LED) with 2 leads
- Alternating current (AC)
- *Tip: To increase power, alternatively use neodymium magnets
Features & Specifications of Advanced Deluxe Solar Educational Kit
- Teaches how to convert sunlight into electricity
- Teaches series and parallel circuit concepts integrated with solar technology
- 8x individual solar cells (0.4V/100mA each)
- Manual teaches the concepts of solar electricity and gives experiments. Includes how to connect solar cells to achieve variations in voltage and current, basic circuit concepts, and theory of solar cell construction
Project Ideas for Solar Kit
- Make a solar circuit
- Make an electrical circuit
- Learn how to increase voltage
- Learn how to increase current
- Learn how to make a solar panel
- Use solar power to produce the energy for a radio, calculator, battery charger or 1.5V cassette player
- The solar cell comes with 8 solar cells, electric motor, propeller, buzzer, light bulb, wire and hardware
Features & Specifications of 7 Function Multimeter
- Measuring your output of electricity
- Displays AC millivolts
- Gives data that is required for your science fair report
- Helps to tune the alternator
- Gives accurate readings for DC voltage, DC current, AC voltage, resistance, transistor test, diode test, and battery test
- Easy-to-read 3-1/2 digit LCD readout
- Positive set selector switch
- Comes with 32" leads
- Automatic zero adjust
- Overange indicator
- 2.5x second sample time
- Low battery indicator
- Fuse and diode protected circuit
Features of the BioColor LEDs
- Alternate between red and green depending on direction of current flow
- Excellent accessory for alternating current
- Can also be used to show increase in outage of electricity
Science Fair Project Ideas
- Compare the amount of energy produced by using a hair dryer, then the wind in your backyard.
- Which is more effective in determining the amount of energy being produced, the multimeter or the BioColor LEDs?
- Compare the output of energy between a cool air fan and a warm or hot hair dryer.
- Is the energy output more efficient when you combine the windmill with the solar panels?
- Example hypothesis: The natural wind is more effective in creating energy flow than an artificial electrical appliance such as a hair dryer.
Purchase 10+ and receive 15% off retail price
(No discount on shipping charges)
For elementary and Middle School age children - with some adult supervision the kit can be built by 10 yr old students
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS - Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD. Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
You receive parts to build the turbine and solar kits.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.Warranty and Return Policy