FUN PICOTURBINE SAVONIUS WIND INTERMEDIATE WINDMILL & SOLAR SCIFAIR PROJECTS KIT
Combine the PicoTurbine Turbine with the Solar kit to Develop Hybrid Power
1 - PicoTurbine Savonius Wind Turbine Intermediate
1 - Intermediate Deluxe Solar Kit
1 - Multimeter
Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
Features & Specifications of Wind Turbine kit
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Easily built in less than one hour
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- Basic with 4 AC to DC Labs
- 4 pre-wound coils of enamel coated copper wire
- 4 ceramic rare earth magnets, grade-5 magnets
- 1 bicolor light emitting diode (LED) with 2 leads
- *Tip: To increase power, alternatively use neodymium magnets
Features & Specifications for Intermediate Deluxe Solar Educational Kit
- Middle School Level
- Learn how photovoltaics (solar electricity) works
- Learn how connecting solar cells produce different voltages in order to power devices
Project Ideas for Solar Kit
- Make an electrical circuit
- Make a solar circuit
- Learn how to increase voltage
- Learn how to increase current
- Learn how to use solar power to produce energy for a radio, calculator, battery charger, cassette player and more
Features of 7 Function Multimeter
- Measuring your output of electricity
- Displays AC millivolts
- Gives data that is required for your science fair report
- Helps to tune the alternator
- Gives accurate readings for DC voltage, DC current, AC voltage, resistance, transistor test, diode test, and battery test
- Easy-to-read 3-1/2 digit LCD readout
- Positive set selector switch
- Comes with 32" leads
- Automatic zero adjust
- Overange indicator
- 2.5x second sample time
- Low battery indicator
- Fuse and diode protected circuit
Science Fair Project Idea
When solar cell module is placed in direct sunlight, it generates power comparable to batteries. Put together the solar kit and attach it to the turbine. How much more powerful / weaker, the turbine by itself or the hybrid? Measure the energy output with your multimeter.
Purchase 10+ and receive 15% off retail price
(No discount on shipping charges)
Factoid: Wind and Solar power are very complementary renewable electricity sources, and are often used in combination for power in remote areas. For example, the sun is less intense in the winter, but wind is usually stronger in the winter (cold air is denser, leaves that block wind are not on trees in winter, etc.). The sun doesn’t shine during rainstorms, but the wind is usually higher during storms.
Jr. High School thru College
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS - Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD. Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
You will receive parts to build the wind turbine and solar kits; the multimeter comes assembled.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.Warranty and Return Policy