ULTIMATE HYBRID SCIENCE FAIR PROJECTS EXPERIMENT KIT
1 - PicoTurbine Savonius Intermediate Educational Wind Turbine Kit
1 - Advanced Solar Kit
1 - Multimeter
1 - 10 BioColor LEDs
1 - Set 4-Magnets
1 - Set 4-Wire Coils
Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
Features & Specifications of Wind Turbine kit
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Easily built in less than one hour
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- 4 AC to DC Labs
- 4 pre-wound coils of enamel coated copper wire
- 4 ceramic rare earth magnets, grade-5 magnets
- 1 bicolor light emitting diode (LED) with 2 leads
- *Tip: To increase power, alternatively use neodymium magnets
Features & Specifications for Intermediate Deluxe Solar Educational Kit
- Middle School Level
- Learn how photovoltaics (solar electricity) works
- Learn how connecting solar cells produce different voltages in order to power devices
Project Ideas for Solar Kit
- Make an electrical circuit
- Make a solar circuit
- Learn how to increase voltage
- Learn how to increase current
- Learn how to use solar power to produce energy for a radio, calculator, battery charger, cassette player and more
When a solar cell module is under direct sunlight, it generates power comparable to batteries. Experiment and learn how to harness solar energy, which can be applied to countless practical applications in your daily living.
Features of 7 Function Multimeter
- Measuring your output of electricity
- Displays AC millivolts
- Gives data that is required for your science fair report
- Helps to tune the alternator
- Gives accurate readings for DC voltage, DC current, AC voltage, resistance, transistor test, diode test, and battery test
- Easy-to-read 3-1/2 digit LCD readout
- Positive set selector switch
- Comes with 32" leads
- Automatic zero adjust
- Overange indicator
- 2.5x second sample time
- Low battery indicator
- Fuse and diode protected circuit
Features of the BioColor LEDs
- Alternate between red and green depending on direction of current flow
- Excellent accessory for alternating current
- Can also be used to show increase in outage of electricity
Features & Specifications of Magnets
- Bundles of 4 ceramic grade-5 magnets
- Each magnet measures 1.875" by 0.875" by 0.375" thick
- Metric measurements: Approximately 47mm x 22mm x 9mm thick
- Intrinsic strength of 0.395 Tesla (3,950 Gauss)
- The poles are on the large opposite faces, just like you need for a good alternator
Features & Specifications of Coils
- Wound by a special machine and therefore, vary sightly; saves countless hours of winding your own coils
- Each pack contains 4 wire coils
- 4 pack of prewound insulated copper 28G coils
- Measure approximately 2" x 1" by 1/4" thick
- Weigh about 1 ounce or [28 grams]
- A resistance of approximately 8 ohms
- Made by our in house RoboCoil 4G
More magnets and coils create more friction which in turn creates more "static electricity" which in turn creates more voltage.
Science Fair Project Ideas
This is a very exciting kit because you can choose from so many variables.
- Will more magnets and coils produce more energy? Remember, for every coil that you add, you must add a magnet, and vice versa. See if they compete with one another.
- Does wind power produce more energy than solar power? Does a hybrid produce more energy than wind or solar power?
- Create a different circuitry than what is shown in the manual. Which produces more energy?
- Test different wind turbine blade configurations, various generator components, the effects of changing wind speeds, or other experiments that are only limited by your imagination.
- Example hypothesis: A hybrid solar/wind generated windmill produces more energy power than a wind generated windmill.
Purchase 10+ and receive 15% off retail price
(No discount on shipping charges)
High School thru College
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS - Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD. Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
You will receive parts to build the wind turbine and solar energy kit. The multimeter comes assembled.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.Warranty and Return Policy