Wind Turbine Solar SciFair Projects Kit
Discover the Power of the Wind and Sun to Create Hybrid Experiments!
1 - PicoTurbine Savonius Wind Turbine Intermediate Windmill Kit (PV4)
1 - Advanced Deluxe Solar Kit
1 - Multimeter
Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
Features & Specifications of the Wind Turbine
- Fully functioning Savonius wind turbine
- With some adult supervision the kit can be built by children as young as 10 years old.
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Easily built in less than one hour
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- Basic with 4 AC to DC Labs
- 4 pre-wound coils of enamel coated copper wire
- 4 ceramic rare earth magnets, grade-5 magnets
- 1 bicolor light emitting diode (LED) with 2 leads
- *Tip: To increase power, alternatively use neodymium magnets
Features & Specifications of Advanced Deluxe Solar Educational Kit
- Teaches how to convert sunlight into electricity
- Teaches series and parallel circuit concepts integrated with solar technology
- 8x individual solar cells (0.4V/100mA each)
- Manual teaches the concepts of solar electricity and gives experiments
- Includes how to connect solar cells to achieve variations in voltage and current, basic circuit concepts, and theory of solar cell construction
- 8 solar cells
- Electric motor
- Light bulb
Project Ideas for the Solar Kit
- Make a solar circuit
- Make an electrical circuit
- Learn how to increase voltage
- Learn how to increase current
- Learn how to make a solar panel
Features & Specifications of 7 Function Multimeter
- Excellent for measuring output of electricity
- Displays AC millivolts
- Helps tune alternator
- Gives accurate readings for DC voltage, DC current, AC voltage, resistance, transistor test, diode test, and battery test
- Easy-to-read 3-1/2 digit LCD readout
- Positive set selector switch
- 32" leads
- Automatic zero adjust
- Overange indicator
- 2.5x second sample time
- Low battery indicator
- Fuse and diode protected circuit
Factoid: The amount of solar radiation striking the earth over a three-day period is equivalent to the energy stored in all fossil energy sources.
High School thru College
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS - Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD. Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
You will receive parts to build the items pictured.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.
The multimeter comes assembled. You receive parts to build the other items pictured.Shipping, Warranty and Return Policy