- Obtain catalase from Sigma. May be stored for years in freezer.
- Use bakers yeast culture as catalase source.
- Use liver as catalase source.
- KMnO4 stains may be cleaned up using H2O2.
- Use syringes to save time (and money) in volume measurements.
- Do a thorough cleaning of your lab freezers or refrigerators. Dispose of items that are unneeded or unwanted, abandoned or orphaned, unlabeled, unknown, or unidentifiable, expired.
- Then, organize and inventory what’s left: Clearly label items that you want to keep. Keep an inventory, and update it on a regular schedule. A simple spreadsheet is great for this. Create a routine for cleaning your freezers, refrigerators, and cryogenic storage.
Find more tips for biology science fair projects.