Yes! Your smile affects your lifespan!!!According to researchers, smiling could add years to your life. Did you know that the broader you smile and the deeper the creases around your eyes when you grin, the longer you are likely to live? This was report by a study published in Psychological Science back in 2010 and still holds truth today.
The study also found that faking a smile did not work, as only those who looked genuinely happy had the extra life expectancy. So dig down deep inside yourself now and think of a happy experience. Allow your face to smile and add years to your life.
Benefits of a Genuine Smile
- You look more attractive to others: Humans are more attractive to people who smile. You also attract happier people in your life which make you happier.
- Smiling reduces stress.
- Smiling elevates our mood.: Smiling can trick the body into helping you elevate your mood because the physical act of smiling actually activates neural messaging in your brain. A simple smile can trigger the release of neural communication boosting neuropeptides as well as mood-boosting neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
- Smiling has proven to boost the immune system.: It is thought that when you smile, immune function improves because you are more relaxed (thanks to the release of certain neurotransmitters).
- Smiling is contagious. : Did you ever notice that when you smile more people are smiling that are in your presence?
- Smiling lowers blood pressure.
Comment below and tell us of your experience with smiling. Maybe your would like to do a science fair project on Smiling. What do you have to loose… just more longevity and a happier spirit!