ENGINO STEM MECHANICS GEARS & WORM DRIVES BUILDING KIT
- how the crank's position affects force and speed
- how the handle's position affects force and speed
- how to calculate the mechanical advantage of a screw
- what a worm drive is and how to use a ratchet mechanism
- Free - Building Your Students' Confidence: Easy & Quick Classroom Activities eBook
Learn how the mechanics of gears and worm drives and see how gears can easily reduce or increase speed, change force or transfer motion from one position to another. Discover how worm drives are used to greatly reduce rotational speed and how screws can convert rotational motion to linear, while greatly increasing force.
Build 12 working models such as a carousel, a crane with a rotating arm, a gearbox, a helicopter, a screw press and an experimental crane. Either online or in an enclosed booklet you will find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models. The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts not for Children under 3 yrs.
Ages 8 to 16+
You will receive parts to build the items pictured.Engino System
Shipping, Warranty & Return Policy