SAVONIUS WIND TURBINE INTERMEDIATE CONVERSION AC TO DC SCIENCE FAIR KIT
1 - PicoTurbine Savonius Wind Turbine Intermediate Windmill Experiments kit
1 - Multimeter
Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
Features & Specifications of Wind Turbine kit
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Easily built in less than one hour
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- Basic with 4 AC to DC Labs
- 4 pre-wound coils of enamel coated copper wire
- 4 ceramic rare earth magnets, grade-5 magnets
- 1 bicolor light emitting diode (LED) with 2 leads
- Alternating current (AC)
- *Tip: To increase power, alternatively use neodymium magnets
Features & Specifications of 7 Function Multimeter
- Measuring your output of electricity
- Displays AC millivolts
- Gives data that is required for your science fair report.
- Helps to tune the alternator
- Gives accurate readings for DC voltage, DC current, AC voltage, resistance, transistor test, diode test, and battery test
- Easy-to-read 3-1/2 digit LCD readout
- Positive set selector switch
- Comes with 32" leads
- Automatic zero adjust
- Overange indicator
- 2.5x second sample time
- Low battery indicator
- Fuse and diode protected circuit
Science Fair Project Ideas
- If the platform of your wind turbine is wobbly will the magnets spin? How much "wobble room" do you have?
- What produces more energy, warm air or hot air? You can use a hair dryer and measure your results with the mulimeter.
- Example hypothesis: Warm air produces more energy than cold air. Test different wind turbine blade configurations, various generator components, the effects of changing wind speeds, or other experiments that are only limited by your imagination.
Purchase 10+ and receive 15% off retail price
(No discount on shipping charges)
High School thru College
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS - Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD. Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
You will receive parts to build the turbine.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.Warranty and Return Policy