CLASSROOM WATER & SURFACE MICROBIOLOGY SCIENCE EXPERIMENT KIT
Easygel® uses a special pre-sterilized bottle of growth media and plates which makes it easy to inoculate without sterilization equipment.
EasyGel has pre-sterilized growth media and petri dishes that are ready for your students as you need them for your classroom experiments.
There is no fuss and bother. Just pour the Easygel® into the pre-treated plate and get a sterile gel in 45 minutes!
The chemical in Easygel® stains colonies red as they grow, making them easy to identify and count!
Test water, such as puddles and fountain water, and test surfaces of objects, such as desks and money for bacteria.
This Water and Surface kit is for testing bacteria on any surface: hands, after hand sanitizer, disinfectant, etc.
It contains sterile cotton swabs that can be used to swipe any solid surface.
The comprehensive instructions lead you to 100s of possible experiments that your students will have fun with.
Amazing technology gives you the ability to count how many bacteria are on a surface by counting the red dots on your petri dish … so safe and easy to use!
The pre-sterilized growth petri dishes and media are all ready for you to use at any time.
Question and Answer
~ How long do the tests take to show results?
The bacteria will most likely grow in two days at room temperature or 1 day if grown in an incubator at 95F.
- 20 Total Count Easygel
- 20 T-salt Treated Petri Dishes
- 10 1 mL Droppers
- 10 Sterile Swabs
- 10 Sterile Collection Bottles
- Teacher’s Guide + Misc Important Info (download link in your receipt)
There are HUNDREDs of Possible Experiments….
- Which surface of your kitchen and / or bathroom contains the most bacteria? Are you going to be surprised? Take an educated guess.
- How cold does your refrigerator need to be to prevent spoilage? Unsafe growth of bacteria? Does your refrigerator prevent beastly microbes from growing on your food?
- Which mammals have a higher concentration of bacteria inside their mouth? Humans, dogs, or cats?
- Find out which surface disinfectants kill bacteria best.
- How long can meat, vegetables, or fruit stay in the refrigerator before it has unhealthy levels of bacteria? Find out what the food quality and safety is for refrigerated food.
- See what levels of bacteria are inside different shower heads (home, school, gym, neighbors, family members).
Contributed by William, age 12, from Reading, PA
Ages 10 and up. Adult supervision recommended.
Does not ship outside the U.S. or to Puerto Rico or CanadaWarranty and Return Policy