Use the Mayku FormBox Desktop Vacuum Former in the classroom to help students create their own projects and increase student engagement. When ideas from math and science are applied to making – children engage with theory in a more direct way. This deepens their understanding and aids their retention and engagement.
The FormBox fits perfectly into your workspace, so you or students can create a factory finished item without the factory! It can be used to craft by hand or partner with a 3D printer.
***Click the Details & Specifications Tab Above next to Description Tab.
Benefits of the Mayku FormBox Desktop Vacuum Former
- Excellent for students ages 7 thru 18.
- Students learn the core curriculum by making their own things.
- An excellent tool to use to teach the engineering design process.
- Make complicated ideas tangible.
- Expands creative possibilities in the school workshop.
- Teach Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Student’s can use the FormBox to quickly create batches of professional products with almost no training. Once they start building their own businesses at school who knows where that will take them!
- Builds Self-Confidence: When students feel empowered to create their own things they realize their innate creative power. This builds confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- Encourage Collaboration: Creating together is more powerful than working alone. Working on collaborative making projects helps children learn what it means to be a part of a team.
- Increase Motivation: When children realize that they have the ability to make their ideas real they learn the invaluable skill of “sticking with it”.
- Explore Basic Design and Manufacturing Principles: It is a minature version of a giant mass manufacturing process. With it you can expose students to the whole product creation process all the way through from design to manufacture.
- Do you teach children between the ages of 12-18? Download the FREE Mayku STEM pack– 12 lesson series for teaching design and technology with the FormBox
Included in Your Package:
40 free sheets, 1-kg of casting materials, 3-starter templates, and a universal vacuum adapter
Luke Wiehink, an Environmental Conservation Teacher in the Netherlands: “The FormBox is fast to set up and really easy to use. For children participating in my workshops, it’s always magical to see their (sometimes rough) clay mold, being formed into a (comical, beautiful, tough, etc) plastic gargoyle. Works every time!”
David Baker, Teacher from London: “The Mayku FormBox is a great tool to get students engaged in product design from a young age.”
Technical Support Package
PicoSupport technical support packages can be used for variety of support including installation, training, design/slicing consultations, and technical support. Service Packages are based on hours so packages can never expire. If your printer needs to be returned to our studio for maintenance, we can cover the round-trip shipping.
MAYKU FORMBOX PACKAGE:
|On-Boarding||1.5 credits (1.5 hours) of !:! virtual on-boarding training for first use on machine|
|Extended Warranty||In the event of machine failure within the course of a year, we will fix the FormBox. Included one time, round trip shipping.|
Warranty and Return Policy