Savonius V3 AC & DC Wind & Solar Turbine
Features & Benefits
- 8” tall wind turbine
- Build your own magnetic induction generator using 4 coils and 4 magnets
- Produces .5V to 5V at 150mA
- Fully functioning Savonius wind turbine
- Example of a vertical-axis wind turbine, which converts wind energy into torque on a rotating shaft.
- This kit combines the efficiency of a low altitude turbine with solar power to create a powerful teaching tool for students learning alternative energy.
- Although this design is less common, the vertical system has the advantage of being more practical for being mounted lower to the ground.
- The kit contains all the parts needed to build a full Savonius DC or AC Wind Turbine in addition to a solar panel.
- Free Best Kept Secrets of How to Win A Science Fair Contest eBook
If you would like to experiment with wind and solar, look at this solar kit that you can use with this wind turbine kit.
Purchase 25+ and receive 5% off retail price
(No discount on shipping charges)
With some adult supervision the kit can be built by children as young as 10 years old.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD: Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS MAGNETS: Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING! HIGH MAGNETIC FIELD: Can cause medical implants, implanted heart pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators to cease operation. Maintain 12 inch safe distance from ion pump.
The magnets break easily. To separate magnets from each other, carefully slide them apart.
You will receive parts to build the item pictured.Warranty and Return Policy