Compare solar panels, amorphous thin-film and crystalline cells for a unique science fair project.
What’s In the Kit…
6V 50mA Polycrystalline solar panel with wires
6V 50mA Amorphous Thin Film solar panel with wires
~ 2 Alligator Clip test leads
~ Calibrated crystalline solar cell, measured at perfect full sun (1 sun)
Science Fair Project Ideas to do with this kit
- Test open circuit voltage of each panel in different sun conditions and orientation. Which generates more energy?
- Test open circuit current of each panel in different sun conditions and orientation. Which position generates more energy?
- Compare your results to the manufacturer’s specifications of each solar panel.
- Measure voltage and current of the calibrated solar cell in full sun, then compare those results to the voltage and current written on the back of the calibrated panel. If your results are 125mA and the panel says 250mA, you are getting 50% sun in that location, orientation and time of day.
- Compare the solar panel results to the percentage of full sun you are getting with the calibrated cell.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Toy contains a cord. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
Shipping, Warranty and Return Policy