The Solar USB Charger 2.0 kit is easy to build and teaches any child or student the power of solar energy. After this charger is built it is capable of charging small electronic devices.
Some soldering is required for this kit, but don’t let that put you off! The kit is designed to be easy to assemble. This kit is the perfect first project to learn on.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for beginner makers and students.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Takes 30 to 60 minutes to build.
- Requires basic soldering knowledge.
- Grade Level: 8th and up (age 12+)
- A link to step by step instructions will be included in your receipt.
- Will charge most small USB devices such as cell phones, iPods,, iPhones and mp3 players.
- Additional USB Cable not needed.
How Does it Solar USB Charger 2.0 Work?
When two rechargeable AA batteries are soldered to the solar panel, a charging circuit is created which allows solar energy to be stored in the batteries. A Baltic Birch enclosure houses all of the internal parts and is held together by screws. Painting or staining your enclosure will add a personal touch to device.
Parts Included in Kit
- USB Charging Circuit – Works with all iPhone and iPod models, as well as most other phones and USB gadgets.
- 6V 80mA Solar Cell
- 3 AA Holder
- 3 Rechargeable AA Batteries @ 2600mAh
- Toggle Switch
- Laser Cut Enclosure w/ Screws
- Soldering Iron
- Double-sided Foam Mounting Tape
- Wire Stripper or Cutter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cell Phone
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD- Small parts. Not for Children under 3 yrs.
The USB 2.0 does not collect data, which is required when doing a science fair project. The Solar Science Station is a much better choice.
You will receive parts to build the items pictured.Shipping, Warranty & Return Policy