- Use liquid laundry starch or soluble packing pellets in place of soluble starch.
- Have students tie knots in the dialysis bags instead of using string.
- Have each group do each solution in order to minimize class data error.
- Do not use Glucose test tape as it will always test positive in the presence of IKI. Use Benedicts solution or test sticks to test for glucose.
- Potato cores will be exactly the same length if you cut the potato first and then use the cork borer to make the cylinders. - Or the potato may be cut into strips of approximately the same size if a cork borer is not available.
Leave a comment